The UK is a country where business is continuously blooming, thus luring foreign business owners, investors & professionals.
Due to the high interest of business people to travel or settle in the UK, there is a variety of UK Business visas, as follows:
- Standard visitor visa for businesspersons.
- Innovator visa.
- Start-up visa.
- Representative of an Overseas Business visa.
SOLE REPRESENTATIVE VISA
You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you’re either:
- The Sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.
- An employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organization posted on long term assignment to the UK.
SELF ASSESSMENT NOT POINT BASED
This category is not on point score basis it is decided on general grounds.
SETTLEMENT/ PERMANENT RECIDENCY
This scale representative visa holder can apply for settlement / permanent recidency after the completion of successful 5 years on visa
DURATION OF VISA
- You can come to the UK for an initial period of 3 years
- You can extend your visa for another 2 years.
- After you have completed 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK.
UK INNOVATOR VISA
Suitable for professionals who have their own business or are part of the senior management team of a company and would like to now start a new business in the UK
. The Innovator category is for more experienced businesspeople seeking to establish a business in the UK.
. Applicants will need a minimum £50,000 funding available to invest in their business.
. Successful Innovators are granted leave for 3 years at a time and can also bring their family members (spouses/partners and children under 18) to the UK.
. Innovators must work entirely on developing their business ventures and may not take on other employment outside their business. This includes anything which effectively amounts to employment, such as using their own business to hire out their labour to another employer.
. After 3 years, Innovators can apply to extend their stay for a further 3 years or to settle permanently in the UK. Each of these 3 stages (initial application, extension, settlement) requires endorsement from an endorsing body.
UK STARTUP VISA